So, you have heard of North Cyprus and now planning to visit? Let us guide you through a number of facts about this beautiful island and suggest the best ways to get about. Once you first set the foot of the plane, it is advised to order a taxi to take you to your hotel, whether you land in Ercan, Larnaca or Paphos airport. You can also rent a car in the airport if you are a holder of a valid driving license.
Here are a few things for you to know about Cyprus and North Cyprus in general:
- Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean after Sardinia and Sicily. Cyprus lies on the frontier between Europe and Asia, only 65Km from Turkey’s southern coast, 97Km from Syria, 108 Km from Lebanon, and 370 Km from Egypt.
- The total area of the island is approximately 9,252 sq km, but North Cyprus covers a total area of 3,515 sq km or nearly one third of the whole island. It is 242 km wide and 64 km deep approximately at its extreme points.
- North Cyprus as well as the whole island enjoys a typical Mediterranean climate with long, warm and dry summers from mid-May to mid-October, and mild and wet winters from December to February. The short autumn and spring periods complete the seasons of the year.
- North Cyprus is a unique holiday destination because it offers you everything you could ever want from a nature holiday. Whether you are a lover of nature, an archaeologist, a keen walker, a water sportsman or simply a sun-worshipper this little island is the ideal spot for you.
- North Cyprus offers the perfect combination of relaxation, water sports and exciting exploration along its beautiful coastline. It enjoys over 300 days of uninterrupted sunshine with its peaceful clear blue unpolluted seas. Every corner of North Cyprus is blessed with natural beauty, from its tall green mountains, to its forest buzzing with wildlife and its glistening beaches where the turtles flock.
There are so many wonderful sights to see when you holiday in North Cyprus – make sure you check out the following:
Top 5 Must-See Sights in North Cyprus:
- St. Hillarion Castle – not for the faint hearted and those afraid of heights!
- Kyrenia Castle – stunning 12th century architecture.
- Bellapais Abbey – the place for a romantic dinner and admiration of Mountains and sea views.
- Kyrenia Harbour – a tourist-favoured must-see place, have a nice fresh-fish meal.
- Karpaz – virgin area with white sand and baby-blue aqua. You won’t feel the time passing!
So, don’t just sit by the pool in the glorious sunshine, get out there and explore all the unique treasures of our island either by ordering a taxi ( like this company ). Obvious benefits of getting about in a taxi are such that it simply is a convenient service, you get out whenever you want, you don’t wait and you pay as you go yet making your trip a memorable experience.
You can also try renting a car/ a bike/ or just walking with your own two around discovering the lovely areas and sights. Renting a car can be pricey but does good if you stay longer than usual vacation – but you do pay for your petrol and daily fee whether you use it or not.
On the day of departure, order a taxi transfer to the airport or simply drop your rented car in the rent-a-car buro on the spot. The choice of transportation is yours! Just make sure you enjoy the vacation and make it a great one enough to come back and bring friends!